Friday, January 2, 2009

mt. high again!

on new year's day, i was playing texas hold'em with my uncle in law (i guess he is haha) and the subject of snowboarding came up. apparantly my uncle there was a former pro with sponsors and stuff and he just so happened to be heading up to mt. high the next day and invited me to go. so i said, hmmm. what about boards and stuff? cuz it is very last minute and places are closed by now. he however had received many boards from his time so he said i could use one of his. so all i needed was boots since i also had a valid point pass to use up.

5:00 am. friday morning.

its like waking up for school all over again X_X except i was still sore from last time i went to mt. high. haha! so i get my stuff ready and head out with my uncle and his two friends he was also bringing. traffic was nice and light. until we were getting close to mt. high and then it was starting to build up a lil. but we were still able to go fast. upon arriving, we pretty much had our choice of parking haha! so nice and close.

so i went to go get my rental boots, but then had to go back and grab my uncle for a credit card imprint. i need a freaken credit card so i can make my own purchases for once!! i'm always asking my parents hahaha! so then on the form, i just said i was 18 cuz i didn't want to go back and get the uncle again.. luckily the don't check id =) plus i would've passed for one anywayss. so i got the boots, and they were in crummy shape XD. still kinda comfy though. i went back to see the board my uncle brought and it was his old half-pipe board.

we then hoped on the bus to west side! on the way there i made sure to sit on the side where i can look at the mountain. i was trying to see if i could see mochi, the snowman that nicole and angelynn made, from the bus. i wasn't able to really be able to tell, but i saw another one later on taht was huge lol.

we got to west side and then we split up from there. my uncle and his friend went to the top while i stayed on the coyote run. i saw my uncle riding when i was on the lift for a lil while and he's pretty good. especially since he broke his back a long time ago (which brought him out of the competition scene). so i didn't fall nearly as many times as last time haha. i however had a really hard fall when i was trying to slowly attempt carving. i was turning right my body facing at the mountain, and then i guess i hit a bump and i fell and hit my head on the snow pretty hard and it knocked off my glasses. my neck was kinda tweaked from that and my ass hurt too haha! but luckily i came out of that ok. i was working slowly towards being able to carve, i just gotta work on my frontside turns and braking first.

so we decided to leave around 11. on the way back to the east, i looked for mochi again. i think i saw a part of him but far away from where he was made. so i guess the knock down snowmen after the day T_T. cuz the other big one i saw was dead too lol.

while heading out, there was CRAZY traffic! it was about 11:14 and the line of cars went all the way through wrightwood to the 138. so thats like 5-7 miles or so? X__X. good thing we left early on wednesday cuz we would've been screweed! my uncle was asking if i talked to some chicks there haha! cuz there are a lot of hotties there. at first i said no. then he called me gay. but then i redeemed myself cuz i remembered i did talk to one 27 year old on the lift cuz she decided to hop on with me. so my uncle also told me to start meeting a ton of girls in high school, get their numbers, and in college, start bangin! interesting strategy lol. idk if i would go through with that but he said if i do, bring my friends over to his house cuz he's going to put in a stripper pole (i doubt it hahah!). but yea he's just messin with me (or is he?)

No comments:

Post a Comment